A car is among the most important investments we regularly make, so attention to detail in quality and price is especially vital when choosing the next one. Here is a guide to help you choose from among the best of the newest:
10. Suzuki Celerio: Affordable and Reliable
If you’re looking for value and reliability, the Suzuki Celerio is a great bet.
* Its 1.0 liter 3-cylinder engine runs on affordable fuel.
* Definite bonus that the Celerio comes with the well-deserved reputation of the reliability of Japanese cars.
* You won’t find many cars less costly than this one to own and operate.
9. Mazda CX3: Miniature SUV packs a punch
This car is designed to minimize weight and maximize power; it handles sensitively but is tough enough to be up to a challenge.
* 146 horsepower, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine
* 27 and 32 miles per gallon on the mileage, a pleasant surprise thanks to the lightweight engineering
* Six-speed automatic with front-wheel drive, although all-wheel drive is optional.
8. Jeep Renegade: Rugged but Urban
For the urban dweller who wants a rugged vehicle, the Jeep Renegade has it all:
• Manual transmission
• 16-inch steel wheels
• Power windows and doors
• Remote keyless entry, with bonus panic alarm
The demand for city-size soft-roaders is great enough that even Jeep, whose trademark is to be as rugged and outdoorsy as it is possible for a motor vehicle to be, has given in to the siren song of meeting that demand. For those who feel torn between urban and rough-n-tumble lifestyles, this vehicle can help reconcile those differences.
7. Nissan Navara: Evolution rather than Revolution
Nissan’s mid-size pickup truck has undergone multiple improvements for the newest model, though none of the changes can be thought particularly original.
• Two engines, both of them better: Both are 2.5 liter, though one is gasoline mill and the other turbo diesel. Both are more efficient and simultaneously more powerful, enabling the truck to do more on less fuel.
• More rigid frame with spring suspension in front and back.
This is the truck to go with if you want something familiar, yet very much improved over its former incarnations.
6. Ford Mondeo: Loaded with Technology and Options
The Ford Mondeo is a little on the pricey side, but worth it. Buyers have several options to choose from, and customization always sweetens a deal:
• 2.0 liter gas or diesel turbo engines
• Wagon or sedan bodies
• A hybrid is planned to join the lineup also at some point.
In addition to the variety of choices, the Mondeo has industry-leading technological assets such as rear-seatbelt airbags and LED headlights.
5. Jaguar XE: as loaded as you need to be to buy one!
Introducing Jaguar’s second attempt at gaining a niche in the coveted mid-size luxury sedan arena.
• Cleansheet design
• Aluminum construction
• Choice between 2 liter petrol or turbo diesel engines, OR
• Monster 3 liter V6 that goes from 0 to 100 km/hour in 5 seconds.
4. Volvo XC90: World’s Safest SUV
This is a pretty big deal, being the first new XC90 in a long time. It comes loaded with the newest in safety features, to include:
• Automatic detection of pedestrians or oncoming traffic with swift reaction braking
• Radar system detection of potential rear impact with readiness reaction
It also offers options between petrol and diesel engines, or a hybrid.
3. Mazda MX5: Back to its Roots
Mazda has gone back in time for inspiration on its new model, returning it to the original low-cost, lightweight sports car it once was. It will come with a choice of 1.5 or 2.0 liter engines, and is set to be priced under $40 K.
2. Ford Mustang: First Non-Converted Ever!
Prior to this model, Ford Mustangs have always needed local conversion to right-handed driving, but this one comes off the production floor already set. In addition, there are delicious options available:
• 2.3 liter 4 cylinder or 5 liter V8 power engine
• Coupe or convertible body styles.
1. Mercedes-Benz AMG GT: Take THAT, Porche 911!
This car can accomplish the 0 to 100 km/hour acceleration within 3.8 seconds, thanks to its twin turbo 4.0 liter V8 engine. It also features superior weight distribution for its class, and at $270,000, you’re paying for that awesomeness.